Co-marketing, cross-promoting or joint marketing programs are a time-honored tradition and one we have seen on the rise. One industry that does a fabulous job of co-marketing is the automotive industry. Over the last few weeks, as Mass Innovation Nights (our innovation/entrepreneurial minded alter-ego), we’ve been working with Lincoln Motor Cars as they bring their multi-city “Hello Again!” tour to Boston. We’re thrilled to be able to showcase several Mass Innovation Nights products in the Boston Hello Again Hub space and get them visibility on the Hello Again website. (Check it out if you’d like a test drive!)
Lincoln is a fabulous luxury brand to be associated with (and the Lincoln MKZ is being marketed as a “progressive luxury” vehicle). Meanwhile, Lincoln Motor Cars gets to “hang with the cool kids” (our local entrepreneurs and innovators.) Everyone wins!
But, before you consider a co-marketing program, ask yourself these kinds of questions:
- What do I hope to gain from this partnership? What are my goals?
- What are the partner’s goals?
- Do our brands complement each other? Or clash? Is this more of an odd-fellow pairing?
- Is there an overlap in our target markets?
- Am I a bit of a closet car fiend and will I get to play with something super cool and shiny for my trouble?