Strategic Partnerships Manager
Carlton PR & Marketing, Innovation Nights and Innovation Women are all sister companies who share a team and resources.
Innovation Women is a platform which connects female professionals to speaking and media opportunities. With over 1500 speakers world-wide, our goal is gender-balanced events and conferences and increased visibility and thought leadership status for women. Innovation Women is the largest female only speaker’s bureau in the world and has provided over 1000 visibility opportunities for women around the world.
Innovation Women is looking for a Strategic Partnerships Manager to launch, manage, and scale key partnerships for the company.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for our service and mission, superb organizational skills, and significant experience working with strategic & channel partners. Success in this role requires initiative, strong attention to detail, great project management skills, and a gift for working collaboratively and creatively with others.
Although the focus of this role will be on partnerships, you will also be working with the team on day to day activities, and help in staffing events. (Which gives you great access to potential leads!)
What You’ll Do:
- Drive revenue growth for Innovation Women by successfully managing & expanding key strategic partnerships for the platform
- Establish & grow relationships with key stakeholders with each of your partners
- Lead planning and execution for the launch of new strategic partnerships, in collaboration with our sister companies, Carlton PR & Marketing and Innovation Nights.
- Develop a deep understanding of your partners’ business models, organizational structures, go-to-market strategies, and our platform capabilities to influence how we deliver results together.
- Plan and implement partner events such as Innovation Women Pop-Ups
- Develop Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for partnerships
- Initiate outreach for new potential partnerships
What We Look For:
- 3+ years experience in partner management, business development, corporate development, or management consulting
- Experience working with strategic partnerships and/or channel programs
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, and ability to develop authentic & credible relationships with partner stakeholders of various backgrounds and levels of seniority
- Strong organizational, time management, and prioritization skills with great attention to detail
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, comfort with ambiguity, and excellent interpersonal skills with an entrepreneurial spirit and sense of humor
- Solid business judgment, and ability to work with minimal supervision
- Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint proficiency
- Experience with CRM or Email Marketing systems a plus
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Graduate degree is a plus
Digital Marketing Specialist
We are looking for a digital marketing specialist to join our team. In this role, you will work on a team with various clients on their digital marketing efforts. You should be able to use and learn how to use the latest digital marketing technology and methods.
Digital Marketing Specialist duties and responsibilities:
- Design digital marketing campaigns according to a client’s business goals
- Coordinate, manage and/or create digital content such as website, blogs, press releases and podcasts, social media posts, infographics, videos etc.
- Maintain and manage social media channels
- Create social media plans and direct support teams such as photographers
- Research, acquire, and use supporting tools and apps for more impactful social posting (for photos, videos, etc.)
- Work with account teams internally to develop and execute digital marketing plans
- Work with client marketing, sales and product development teams
- Regularly track and get insights into competitors’ strategies
- Develop, monitor, and report on ROI and KPIs
- Stay up-to-date with digital media technologies and latest trends
Digital Marketing Specialist requirements:
- 2-3 years of experience as Digital Media Specialist or Digital Marketing Manager or similar role
- In-depth knowledge of use of social channels including Instagram, LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter
- Experience with content management
- Demonstrate your capacity and interest in being proactive and possessing initiative
- Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on the company’s success
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Excellent writer
- Team player
- Good time-management skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- BS degree in Marketing, Digital media or relevant field
- Understanding of PPC, SEO, SEM
- Additional experience in web design, design or photography is a plus
We are a small, tight-knit marketing and events firm located in Lexington, MA. We’re looking for administrative and marketing projects support – this is a great opportunity to learn about all aspects of marketing.
Marketing Coordinator/Administrator requirements:
- Demonstrate a positive, professional, can-do attitude
- Tech savvy and comfortable learning new software, programs and social networks
- Excellent communication skills; both verbal and written
- Outstanding customer service; with the willingness to go above and beyond for clients (both internal and external)
- Ability to multi-task, handle client services and meet day-to-day deadlines
- Strong attention to detail
- Organized and efficient with the ability to perform independently
- Quick to capture new concepts and procedures
Marketing Coordinator/Administrator job duties:
- Supporting (and learning from) various team members
- Online research for various marketing projects
- Maintenance of company websites, newsletters, lists and databases
- Working with team members to create and implement sales and marketing campaigns
- Supporting and participating in events
- Proficient in all MS suite programs (O365) with emphasis in Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Comfortable working in Google apps
- Knowledge of and comfort with social media platforms
Carlton PR & Marketing and its sister companies, MIN (Mass Innovation Nights) and Innovation Women, frequently look for enthusiastic interns to join our team at our offices in the Boston suburb of Lexington, MA. (Currently looking for late summer and Fall 2019)
Our firm seeks students or recent grads to work as an intern for all of our organizations (Carlton PR & Marketing, Mass Innovation Nights and Innovation Women), helping with our websites, e-newsletters, PR, online marketing programs, social media, events and trade shows. Interns are very hands-on, working closely with our small team. This is a great opportunity to get in on the ground floor with several exciting organizations AND insert yourself into the local innovation-oriented ecosystem. Typical day-to-day activities include: various projects associated with marketing; assistance with marketing and PR copy and activities; research; social media marketing; events marketing & management; e-newsletter and e-mail compilation, creation and distribution; creation/updating of web pages and web content; “day of” event assistance and setup; proofreading and more.
What does a stellar intern look like? Enthusiasm is mandatory. Interest in learning about integrated marketing is vital. Excellent writers are preferred, as is experience using various social media tools. Writing samples are expected. Hours required vary based on projects but best would be at least 20 hours weekly. Majors preferred: Marketing, Communications, Business, PR and Journalism majors.
About Carlton PR & Marketing
We’re the best-connected marketing and PR agency in the Boston startup community. We work with startups, small companies, and only the most innovative and interesting larger companies. We offer strategic marketing programs, PR, content creation and social media marketing but we find ourselves spending just as much time advising clients on their general business challenges and making introductions to the movers and shakers.
We also manage two startups of our own – these mission-driven companies make a real difference for local entrepreneurs (Innovation Nights) and professional women around the world (Innovation Women).
We’re also uniquely able to balance work and life. Working from home sometimes – that’s cool. PT? OK. Our Lexington office is shared with another startup – it’s our home away from home, with free parking and an easy walk to Starbucks, Chipotle, Panera, grocery, dry cleaner, etc. And it’s a small tight-knit team – low drama and friendly.
Like networking and learning new things? We have you covered. Every day is different and there’s a lot of opportunity to experiment and try new strategies. We’re looking for multi-talented team members. We want great writers and communicators, but you should also have good judgment, be able to juggle multiple demands on your time and understand marketing down to your core. Blog? Check? Social media? Events? PPC? SEO? Oh, yes, of course. Know when earned media is possible and when you need to pay for visibility. Go from managing a webinar to issuing a press release to Instagram. Bonus points for comfort behind a lens (photography and videography) and a design sense.
You should have comfort with startups and the startup lifestyle. Treat their budget like your own money. Be interested in and knowledgeable about their (admittedly often) geeky but SUPER cool new products. Understand their stresses and fears. Be customer-service oriented.
You don’t need to do it all. We’re willing to teach the right person. Best fits are self-sufficient team players with experience and skills to teach us new stuff who are always looking to learn new things themselves.
Interested? Talk to us. Send us a Tweet. Or email Bobbie @ carltonprmarketing dot com